Clinical Psychologist job in New Zealand
Position: Clinical Psychologist
Service: Youth Forensic Mental Health
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Location: New Zealand
Job #: 47
Youth forensic mental health services provide comprehensive assessment, treatment and referral for young people aged 13 - 17 years, who are involved with the juvenile justice system and are experiencing emotional and mental health disorders.
In this role, the clinical psychologist is expected to provide specialist assessments and psychological reports, as well as interventions through individual, family and group therapy. Also as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be the voice of psychology providing advice, consultation and support both within the forensic team and to external stakeholders.
To be considered you will need to:
- Be a fully qualified clinical psychologist.
- Have youth forensic mental health experience.
- Be able to complete risk and clinical assessments and write reports.
- Be an active verbal communicator with strong relationship management skills.
- Be an active, supportive team player and be proactive in the multidisciplinary team.
- Have excellent Writing skills.
- Evidence a willingness to develop competencies in Tikanga Maori.
- Have a clean drivers license.
Click the button below to check our preliminary short-listing criteria and then register your interest
Suitably matched psychologists will receive additional information about the role, employer, locations, an estimate of salary and details of any relocation assistance.
Psychologists wishing to proceed to an application will receive guidance in the job application and interview preparation. Job alerts will then be forwarded as roles become available.
Expressions of interest are encouraged from both local and overseas psychologists. These opportunities support New Zealand immigration visas for qualifying candidates and their families.