We understand an employers’ responsibility in ensuring the professionals they hire are properly qualified, ethical and of good professional standing. In order to assess psychologist’s credentials we routinely complete the following processes.
- Evaluation of skill levels, experience, employment goals and salary expectations. This evaluation is completed by a psychologist. For international placements areas of immigration viability and settlement are also covered.
- A signed application form addressing ethical practice, past work performance and accuracy of information is obtained. Applicants are specifically cautioned in regard to the potential consequences of providing inaccurate or misleading information. Acknowledgment of these points are obtained and provided to clients at the point of job application.
- Criminal conviction checks are obtained for those jobs that require it.
- Educational and professional qualifications are fully appraised. On request employers can be briefed on a candidate’s institute of training, qualifications structure and level of experience.
- Work samples such as anonymous assessment reports can be obtained to assist with competency assessments.
- For reference checking candidates provide confidentiality releases for referee's who are qualified to comment on the candidates work or psychological practice. Reference checks can be completed directly by employers or by ourselves. All reference checks completed by Psych-Recruitment are by telephone and are recorded with the referee’s permission and are forwarded to the employer in digital format so a permanent record is held. Employers can follow-up with referees prior to formally offering employment in order to personally validate information and to check out any areas of concern.
- A focused job application is provided to allow hiring managers to quickly and efficiently gauge candidate’s areas of competency. This typically incorporates the curriculum vitae, a covering letter and other relevant documentation, and includes the candidate’s declaration of professional standing.
What would you like to do now? You can: